FYOVD2PMU is the most durable cable at the market for direct buried installation. It is a universal fibre optic cable with central tube construction for direct buried or duct installation. The cable is protected by polymer coated corrugated steel tape. FYOVD2PMU is also available with multimode fibres and as hybrid cable (SM+MM).
- Optical fibres: Coloured single-mode fibres according to the ITU-T G.652.D standard. Also available with multimode fibres.
- Secondary coating: A plastic core tube with jelly filling.
- Wrapping: The cable core is wrapped longitudinally with a swellable tape.
- Protection: Polymer coated corrugated steel tape applied longitudinally with an overlap. The nominal thickness of the steel tape is 0,15 mm.
- Strength members: Two 1,6 mm diameter steel wires in the sheath.
- Outer sheath: The cable sheath consists of UV resistant black PE. Nominal sheath thickness is 2,5 mm.
- Sheath marking: Marking printed on the sheath at one meter interval: Nestor Cables - cable type - lot number - year of manufacture - length marking.
All of our fibre optic and copper cables are halogen-free.