ULW Ultra light weight fibre optic cable is optical fibre cable for aerial and duct installations. Aerial self-supporting maximum span length is 68 m.
Cable is designed to meet British Telecom CW1842 specification.
- Optical fibres: Coloured single-mode fibres according to the ITU-T G.657.A1.
- Secondary coating: Flexible colour coded fibre modules. Fibres are housed in thin walled tubes made of soft elastomeric material.
- Water blocking: Water blocking yarns.
- Strength members: Two brass coated steel strength members 3 x 0,32 mm.
- Outer sheath: UV resistant black polyethylene compound (HDPE). Nominal sheath thickness is 1,5 mm. Outer sheath has two 1,25 mm yellow identification stripes.
- Sheath marking: Marking printed on the sheath at one meter interval: Nestor Cables - cable type - lot number - year of manufacture - length marking. Customer specific marking available.
- Cable properties: IEC 60794-3-11
- Test methods: IEC 60794-1-2x
- Halogen free: IEC 60754-2
- Optical performance: Accordance with the requirements of BT Specification CW 1505 Category 2