FZOMVDMU-SD is an fibre optic cable for direct buried installation which can be used as a main cable in telecommunications networks. The secondary coating tubes are stranded around the central strength member and the fibres are protected by polymer coated corrugated steel tape between two sheaths.
This type is also known as A-DQ(ZN)2YSR2Y (VDE 0888).
- Optical fibres: Coloured single-mode fibres according to the ITU-T G.652.D standard.
- Secondary coating: Jelly filled loose tubes made of thermoplastic polymer.
- Fillers: Plastic fillers when applicable.
- Central strength member: Glass fibre reinforced plastic (FRP).
- Cable core stranding: The secondary coating tubes and fillers (when needed) are SZ-stranded around the central strength member. 192 fibre cable has two stranding layers.
- Inner sheath: UV resistant black LLDPE. Nominal sheath thickness is 1,0 mm.
- Water blocking: Dry water blocking elements.
- Rip cords: Non-metallic rip cords are applied under the sheathing layers.
- Moisture barrier: Polymer coated corrugated steel tape applied longitudinally with an overlap. The nominal thickness of the steel tape is 0,15 mm.
- Outer sheath: UV resistant black HDPE. Nominal sheath thickness is 1,5 mm
- Sheath marking: Marking printed on the sheath at one meter interval: Nestor Cables - cable type - lot number - year of manufacture - length marking.
All of our fibre optic and copper cables are halogen-free.