- Optical fibres: Coloured single-mode fibres according to the ITU-T G. 657.A1 and G.652.D. Fibre diameter 200 μm.
- Secondary coating: Jelly filled loose tubes made of thermoplasticpolyester.
- Fillers: Plastic fillers when applicable.
- Central strength member: Glass fibre reinforced plastic (FRP).
- Cable core stranding: The secondary coating tubes and fillers (when needed) are SZ-stranded around the central strength member. 288F cable with 12F tubes is stranded in two layers.
- Water blocking: Dry water blocking elements are applied to the cable core.
- Rip cord: A non-metallic rip cord is applied under the sheath.
- Outer sheath: UV resistant black polyethylene compound (HDPE). Nominal sheath thickness is 0,4 mm.
- Sheath marking: Marking printed on the sheath at one meter interval: Nestor Cables - cable type - lot number - year of manufacture - length marking
All of our fibre optic and copper cables are halogen-free.